Intake and Assessment Specialist
Seniors At Home is a division of Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties.
From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, JFCS is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: Intake and Assessment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Intake Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
The Intake and Assessment Specialist is responsible for a broad range of responsibilities in understanding the needs of prospective Senior Services clients and ensuring that clients receive the assistance they need in a timely and compassionate manner. The role develops a positive relationship with potential referral sources and clients by conducting initial intake and expeditiously making referrals to the appropriate Seniors At Home (SAH) program.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 16 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
Pay range $27 – $29 per hour
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responds in a customer-service oriented manner to all telephone, internet, e-mail, and in-person inquiries about SAH programs; providing information about agency services, as well as connecting to community resources
- Thorough knowledge and remains current on all SAH programs, as well as community resources and explains the SAH programs to participants, other service providers, and guests
- Conducts a comprehensive intake through the internal database (Salesforce) for new and returning clients which includes a thorough assessment of client needs, prescreens, determines the appropriate SAH program and moves the clients through the appropriate level of the care service process, and completes the referral process which may include scheduling homecare assessments
- Enters and tracks all the referral information in the applicable databases in a timely manner
- Works as part of the Intake team in tracking all incoming inquiries and ensures that follow-up is performed within agency response timeframe standards
- Maintains and updates program referral services information
- Participates in marketing and community outreach activities as requested and utilizes SAH and JFCS messaging in all communications
- Interfaces effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization and represents JFCS effectively with all external constituents demonstrating an understanding of JFCS structure and practices, mission, vision, and core values
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development and attends applicable trainings and in-services classes
- Provides coverage to SAH reception as needed
- High School graduate or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of experience working with older adults and their family members, preferably in a Home Care or Social Services setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to respond appropriately to callers who may be in difficult situations and convey complex information
- Proven listening skills and the ability to assist callers and guests with their inquiries in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong commitment to providing responsive services to the community and to establishing excellent rapport with clients, staff, and community members
- Is thorough and has the ability to problem solve
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Previous experience in working with an internal database is a plus
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and have follow-thorough
- Adaptable and able to pivot and respond quickly and efficiently to a fast-changing work environment
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.