Content Marketing Specialist
From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: Content Marketing Specialist
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Marketing
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
The Content Marketing Specialist helps JFCS and our programs expand our digital footprint and brand awareness among potential clients, donors, volunteers, and the wider community. The role supports inbound marketing strategies by creating engaging, relevant, and discoverable content for social media, web, email, and lead generation.
We’re looking for someone highly creative and adaptable with a passion for discovering new ways to deliver content. A strong writer with insightful storytelling skills and an eye for design, who has proven experience developing content that attracts and retains multiple audiences. The successful Content Marketing Specialist will have the skills to figure out how to tell a story about any aspect of the JFCS brand, and how to create content the audience really wants to read. For this position, it is essential to be up to date with new technologies, social media, and content marketing trends.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large, multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 16 holidays total (Includes 10 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
- Hybrid work schedule (2 days/week minimum onsite location at JFCS’s HQ SF office)
- Salary Range $80,000 – $90,000
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with design and other content creators to help define content goals and to produce high-quality content that engages our donors, volunteers, clients, and community at large
- Contribute creative ideas to expand our existing followers, donors, and website visitors
- Plan, write and edit blog articles, social media and website copy, digital ad copy, lead magnets, emails, brochures, and other content to support the JFCS brand and our sub-brands
- Act as community manager for JFCS’ social media channels
- Write and schedule posts for JFCS channels, interact with our audiences and respond to questions and comments, and run ads/boosts to increase our reach
- Maintain agency-wide social media and editorial calendars, delegate tasks, and ensure deadlines are met using our project management systems
- Align content to brand guidelines, write to brand voice, write to different audiences and personas
- Edit, proofread, and improve content for others, responding to feedback and analytics to refine your work and others
- Create a library of case studies and testimonials from JFCS clients, volunteers, and supporters
- Identify, hone, and strengthen JFCS’ voice and ensure its consistency across all materials and channels
- Partner with marketing managers on developing digital marketing strategies to support our business and fundraising goals
- Generate ideas to increase donor, supporter, and community engagement with JFCS
- Report on cross-platform analytics to understand how people are engaging with our social, email, and web content
- Optimize content considering SEO and insights from Google Analytics
- Research and define target audiences and monitor content performance metrics by demographics and other audience data markers
- Keep up to date on social media trends, best practices and channel updates, and provide recommendations and updates to the Marcom team to drive further exposure and engagement of a wider audience
- Interface effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization and represent JFCS effectively with all external constituents demonstrating an understanding of JFCS structure and practices, mission, vision, and core values
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field experience is required
- 4+ years of proven professional experience in a campaign, and social media channels for a visible brand, including content creation, content capturing, scheduling, social listening and analytics
- Keen sensibility for what is relevant content related to a strategic marketing plan
- Previous experience in collaborative editorial and storytelling and creating successful content
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe InDesign and Creative Suite, and other content management software
- A social media expert who is up to date with new technologies and marketing trends, and is adept at creating content for and posting to all mainstream social media channels
- Project management and time management skills is required
- Willingness to chase down approvals and hold stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Experience with Asana or other project management systems a plus
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills including professional content for a variety of media and audiences
- Excellent communication skills: ability to speak effectively, conveying complex or technical information, proven listening skills and the ability to collaborate with team members and accept feedback and guidance
- A strong foundational understanding of email marketing, SEO, keyword research, and website analytics and what it takes to create effective web copy
- Adaptable; ability to pivot and respond quickly and efficiently to unplanned projects and assignments.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.