Junior Human Resources Generalist
From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: Junior Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: Director of HR
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time non-exempt with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience in the world of People Operations. The Junior HR Generalist will serve as one of the primary points of contact for employee HR services and directly supports the People Operations team. This role will touch on all aspects of HR operations, including onboarding and offboarding, benefits administration, employee support and communications, HR systems maintenance, and will be involved in helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions. The ideal candidate is highly responsible and organized and has the aptitude for working well with people and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills, and organizational skills to the table.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 16 holidays total (Includes 10 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
- Salary Range $55,000 – $65,000
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- HRIS: Record Maintenance, reporting, updating intranet, & conducts audits
- Benefits: Record Maintenance, processing enrollment changes, reconciling invoices, assisting with required benefit notifications
- Workers Compensation: Reporting/submit claims, maintenance of WC records, assistance with Ergo assessments
- Recruiting: Maintenance of JFCS career website, and assistance with recruiting communications
- Employment Process: Maintenace of DOJ website, required employment postings, assistance with contract renewal and evaluation processes
- Demonstrates foundational knowledge of HR policies and practices, compliance requirements, and risk implications of HR including: employee relations, performance management, discrimination, harassment, recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, leaves and disability management, payroll and timekeeping records management, HCM and related systems
- Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of agency resources in a manner consistent with agency policies including the JFCS Ethical conduct and safety policies.
- Enhances skills by proactively participating in professional development and learning opportunities
- Resourceful. Has a can-do, will-do attitude and understands the needs of the HR department customer base; personally follows through to ensure issues are resolved to meet the customer’s expectations.
- Ability to accept responsibility for own work, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior.
- Develops trust and credibility by following through tasks and commitments. Creates a shared responsibility among team members by involving them in critical deliberations and decisions as appropriate
- Minimum of two years of experience in a human resources capacity
- Associate of Arts degree from an accredited school required
- Demonstrated skills in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, accounting systems and other software
- Excellent organization skills, demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and effectively in cooperation with others
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and/or sensitivity to the provision of social services in a Jewish communal context desired
- Cultivates, builds, and maintains good relationships with peers, and customers
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.