Group Leader – Israeli Department
From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
Founded in 1850, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is one of the oldest and largest human service agencies in the United States. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for everyone, community responsibility, inter-generational ties, and repairing the world.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: Group Leader
REPORTS TO: Director, Israeli Department
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, without benefits
JOB LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience. The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, and has the aptitude for working well with people and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills, and organization skills to the table.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Facilitates Social Skills groups
- Meet with parents and child for intake and assessments purposes
- Be part of the team who creates and runs the Social Skills group
- Meet with parents for a summary session and create workplan for the child
- Facilitates support groups, workshops, and educational programs for parents and children based on the community needs
- Completes administrative duties necessary to carry out responsibilities in a timely fashion
- Participates in scheduled staff meetings
- Meets fee and service goals established in the annual work plan
- Licensed mental health professional (MSW, ASW, LCSW, AMFT, LMFT, PsyD)
- Special knowledge in kids and adolescent mental health and experience working with adolescents
- Knowledge of best practices in working with kids and adolescents in a group setting
- Experience running workshops and groups for kids and their parents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team setting and commitment to working as a team player
- Desire to work in a social service setting required
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission, goals, and objectives of the Agency
- Superior organizational/project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete projects with a minimum amount of direct supervision
- Experience in using MS Office applications and general computer skills
- Speaks fluent Hebrew and understands the Israeli culture
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.