WHO WE ARE:
JFCS is the oldest nonprofit in California and has been assisting residents of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties since it was founded in 1850. Through more than 40 high-quality, research-based social and educational programs, JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds. With programs ranging from providing home care for seniors to sponsoring new parent workshops, from offering services for people with disabilities to providing therapy for children, from supporting victims of domestic abuse to delivering food to those in need, we are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for all, community responsibility, intergenerational ties, and repairing the world.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: HR Generalist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of HR
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
The HR Generalist will serve as one of the primary points of contact for employee HR services and directly supports the People Operations team. This role will have a high touch on all aspects of HR operations, including onboarding and offboarding, benefits administration, employee support and communications, HR systems maintenance, and will be heavily involved in helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions. The ideal candidate is highly responsible, and organized and has the aptitude for working well with people and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills, and organizational skills to the table.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range $80,000-$95,000
- Employer 403(b) retirement match plus additional employer contribution (subject to eligibility)
- Cafeteria plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
- 16 holidays (10 federal and up to 6 Jewish holidays), annually
- 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a resource, advise and assist management and employees to respond to employee issues and concerns by interpreting applicable HR policies and procedures and making responsible recommendations in these areas as necessary and appropriate; initiate recommendations for appropriate measures to address underlying systemic problems or issues represented by the expressed concern, including but not limited to, suggestions on policy clarification or development, appropriate training or other development interventions. Refer other issues to the HR Director or Sr. HRG for resolution.
- Support and coordinate full employee life cycle from recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training, benefits administration to employment separation. Support all transactional and documentation processes while ensuring Federal, State and local labor law compliance.
- Serve in a specialist, liaison capacity for Benefits Administration, Training and Organizational Development, Employment and Systems, or HR planning and development, evaluate and research professional trends and issues in specialty area relevant to JFCS HR; educate other JFCS HR staff about specialty to ensure consistent and equitable application of HR policies and procedures; research and disseminate appropriate internal and external material on HR issues and trends, and provide in-service training support to enhance understanding of this material as needed; identify and recommend new policy or program initiatives in specialty area designed to enhance delivery and quality of service. Apprise HR Director, or JFCS leadership of organizational issues, problems or trends; prepare reports, analyses and other written communication setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions as necessary or requested.
- Working closely with the HR Director, serve as liaison between HR, IT and the HRIS vendor; develop a strong partnership and nurture a positive business relationship to clearly understand how to configure, support and optimize design, workflows and performance of the Paylocity core HR processes, maintenance, integrations and upgrades.
- Provide primary system administration and day-to-day operational support for HR applications. Provide operational support for HR applications (ATS, Benefits, ESS, MSS, Learning, etc), data management, provisioning of standard and ad-hoc reports. Assist with the execution of system changes (updates, integrations, new configurations) and participate in all aspects of system testing.
- Manage and deliver HR projects in a timely manner while working with other departments/teams during planning, development, testing, rollout and support on various programs related to Talent and Recruitment, Onboarding, Benefits and other key functions in Paylocity. Analyzing HRIS performance metrics and resolving application issues. Perform audits on HR processes and documents, including hiring, termination, and benefits administration, when required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience performing a variety of Human Resources functions.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certified preferred.
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of Federal, State and local employment laws and regulations, HR policies and practices, compliance requirements, and risk implications of HR including employee relations, performance management, discrimination, harassment, recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, leaves and disability management, payroll and timekeeping records management, HRIS and related systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
If the above resonates with you, we’d like to hear from you!
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.