Director of the Seniors At Home Division (SAH)
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of the Seniors At Home Division is responsible for the leadership, consistent level of performance, quality of service, and innovative programming of the Seniors At Home Division of JFCS. Business lines include, but are not limited to: Home Care, Care Management, Clinical Services, Fiduciary Services, Volunteer Programs, Bereavement and Spiritual Care Services, Holocaust Survivor Programs, and Food Programs. The Director supervises staff and serves as a key member of JFCS’ Executive team.
The Director understands and meets budget and service goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources, and performs all duties in compliance with Agency standards.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of home care, care management, clinical, food, volunteer, and other supportive and consultative services to seniors and their families, ensuring that services are of the highest quality
- Participates with other applicable staff in the development and oversight of operational and clinical systems to support client care, including staffing, billing, and accounts receivable for each program
- Builds long-term client development plans and works with the Executive Director and other leadership to ensure staffing levels are appropriate to support strategic plans
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new SAH programs and activities in response to market needs and to generate new business, including groups/workshops, collaborations with Jewish organizations and synagogues, and partnerships with community organizations, health care institutions, and businesses
- Ensures that revenue and profitability, service productivity, and service outcome goals are met, as described within the JFCS Strategic Plan, Operating Budget, and Annual Work Plan
- Participates in the planning and budgeting process, assures achievement of goals, and evaluates compliance with all budget and service standards; takes corrective action
- Provides supervision to care managers and ensures that they receive clinical consultation and training, as needed to carry out effective treatment plans and to meet productivity/billing standards
- Manages service provision by providing subject matter expertise, overseeing employee productivity and performance
- Supports and supervises staff through mentoring, motivating, coaching, and evaluating
- Ensures referral to and coordination of all SAH services to clients and with program supervisors.
- Works in collaboration with all other JFCS programs and cross-functional teams to ensure high quality and coordinated care.
- Develops, implements, and administers SAH contracts to expand services, generate revenues, and ensure contract requirements are achieved
- Develops and implements quality assurance plans for services provided by SAH
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Development Teams in developing and executing SAH Marketing plans
- Works with the SAH Business Development Managers in ensuring that marketing sales plan goals are achieved
- Works closely with Rhoda Goldman Plaza, JFCS’ assisted living community partner, in developing programs and services to RGP clients
- Works closely with other JFCS staff and departments, to best serve JFCS’ clients and the community JFCS serves
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork and unity among JFCS staff that promotes the cultivation of ideas, the expeditious resolution of conflict, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working together to enable each employee and department to succeed
- Complies with the Jewish Family and Children’s Services Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as agency health and safety standards for clients, employees, and facilities
- Works closely with JFCS Executive staff and Board leadership, donors, and volunteers to build relationships and achieve Agency wide goals
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment
- Master’s degree in business, social work, or health administration required
- A minimum of five years’ successful leadership and management level experience in business planning, operations, and delivery of geriatric services is required
- Entrepreneurial experience in building and improving on services and introducing innovative approaches to service delivery and systems preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience with direct supervision of cross-functional teams, including hiring, coaching, mentoring, performance management, daily operations supervision, and disciplinary measures, as necessary. Commitment to professional growth and development, and continuous quality improvement required
- Solid understanding of business fundamentals, knowledge of organizational planning and strategy, and expertise in communications/ marketing and sales are required
- Previous experience in interpreting, implementing, and monitoring federal, state, and local compliance regulations such as regulatory changes, licensing, accreditations, policies, and health requirements as they relate to senior care
- Knowledge of Jewish community needs, traditions, and services systems preferred
- Previous sales or business development experience preferred; ability to identify and build local relationships to drive business, and customer satisfaction required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information. Demonstrated advanced writing, editing and presentation-development skills
- Ability to be organized, and to take the personal initiative required to develop a new project successfully
- Dedicated to providing responsive services to the community and to establishing excellent rapport with clients, staff, and community members
- Strong commitment to working in a client service oriented, non-profit, social services environment required
This is a full-time, executive level exempt position with benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.