Administrative Marketing Associate
The Administrative Marketing Associate assists the Administrative Operations Director and the Office Manager in both San Mateo and Palo Alto providing a variety of support functions including but not limited to data management and report creation, event planning and clerical duties. This position manages the community outreach program, working and collaborating with the Associate Director, CCY and Assistant Director, Parents Place.
Who Are We?
As a problem-solving center for residents of San Francisco, Marin, and Sonoma, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. We have over 40 programs, including home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds with our comprehensive system of care. Our professional teams bring years of experience to every client who walks through the door. As a national leader in developing innovative human services, JFCS incorporates the latest research and best practices to ensure everyone gets the highest quality services and care.
Founded in 1850, JFCS is one of the oldest and largest human service non-profit agencies in the United States. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for everyone, community responsibility, inter-generational ties, and repairing the world.
Who Are You?
- Has 2 years of office related or customer service-related work experience
- Experienced working with Windows applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, TEAMS)
- Experienced using Salesforce software
- Has good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Has ability to work independently, as well as in cooperation with others, and to maintain confidentiality
- Has interest in working in a social service setting
- Has ability to effectively engage children
- Can work onsite at JFCS’s Palo Alto office
- Have the COVID-19 Vaccination card by date of hire (JFCS will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law)
What Will You Do?
- Provide administrative support to the Center for Children and Youth including collaborating with marketing department on development and distribution of assigned marketing collateral and materials
- Assists in outreach and marketing for CCY and other programs as assigned, developing referral sources leading to increased referral to programs
- Analyzes programs as assigned to maximize effectiveness/efficiency and creates on-going recommendations for improvements to programs
- Provides event planning assistance for both online and in-person events, ensuring that programs are well planned, publicized and executed
- Responsible for ensuring that outcome data is collecting on all assigned programs, preparing, and administering surveys and reporting results
- Provides support to direct service staff as assigned, including ensuring that all workshop and other materials are prepared in advance to agency standards, and communicates regular with staff as to status of program enrollments and operational issues
- Serves as relief for the receptionist in the Palo Alto and San Mateo offices, ensuring that front desk coverage is maintained per agency standards
- Maintains accurate information about all JFCS programs and services to appropriately refer individuals for services, in a timely manner
- Always complies with agency standards, including all safety, security, and confidentiality policies
- Is responsible for management of database functions required for departmental functioning.
- Provides technical & training support to staff regarding online workshops, on-site computer application, and Salesforce
- Other administrative tasks as assigned, and may include but are not limited to sorting, delivering, and preparing mail, filing, photocopying, and timely preparation and mailing of materials
Why Work at JFCS?
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- Great Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- 15 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation time per year
- 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurances, Employee Assistance Program, and commuter benefits
- Educational Leave
- Access to JFCS services
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.