The Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing accurate payroll process for weekly and bi-weekly employees. The position will identify opportunities for streamlining the payroll processes and upgrading related systems, while ensuring delivery of high-quality employee experience.
Who Are We?
As a problem-solving center for residents of San Francisco, Marin, and Sonoma, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. We have over 40 programs, including home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds with our comprehensive system of care. Our professional teams bring years of experience to every client who walks through the door. As a national leader in developing innovative human services, JFCS incorporates the latest research and best practices to ensure everyone gets the highest quality services and care.
Founded in 1850, JFCS is one of the oldest and largest human service non-profit agencies in the United States. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for everyone, community responsibility, inter-generational ties, and repairing the world.
Who Are You?
- You are passionate about payroll operations and takes pride in your attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and organization skills to meet deadlines under time constraints
- You are a team player, yet you can work independently
- Have 3+ years experience in payroll processing for a multi-unit organization
- Have 2+ years HRIS database experience
- Have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Have a college degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Preferably have Paylocity payroll and time and labor experience
- Have intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Adhere to standards of complete confidentiality
- Can work onsite at JFCS’s HQ office in San Francisco
- Have the COVID-19 Vaccination card by date of hire (JFCS will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law)
What Will You Do?
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll for 500+ exempt and non-exempt staff
- Maintain, update, and provide recommendations for databases and procedures
- Calculate and integrate time off benefits with state disability payments
- Monitor submissions and accuracy of approved timesheets
- Review and verify time off requests and accrual balances
- Review and reconcile quarterly federal and state payroll tax returns and payroll related balance sheet accounts to the payroll registers and/or general ledger
- Prepare and distribute of detailed reports after each payroll
- Complete the quarterly EDD Multiple Worksite Report and other required reports
- Complete quarterly and year-end payroll processing including verification of records, preparation of adjustments, and distribution of W-2’s and 1095-C’s
- Prepare supporting data and documentation for annual budget and audits
- Collaborate with HR in assisting with benefit changes, EDD/SDI inquiries, documenting processes, and assuring accurate internal audits of employee lifecycle transactions
Why Work at JFCS?
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- Great Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- 15 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation time per year
- 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurances, Employee Assistance Program, and commuter benefits
- Educational Leave
- Access to JFCS services
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.