Pediatric Occupational Therapist – Part Time
Working under the supervision of the Director of Occupational Therapy, the Occupational Therapist participates in the design and implementation of Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment services, as part of a mufti-disciplinary team providing services to children with developmental, behavioral, and learning needs. The Occupational Therapist provides assessment and intervention as well as consultation services for children and adolescents primarily in San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. The Therapist understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts initial sensory assessments, formulates intervention plans, and implements them in a variety of settings, including, home, school, and other community settings.
- Collaborates with mental health, speech and language and developmental specialists, as needed and appropriate, to formulate and implement effective treatment plans.
- Carries an ongoing occupational therapy intervention caseload that includes an average of at least 50% billable time.
- Consults with pre/schools and elementary schools, as assigned.
- Maintains timely and accurate assessment, intervention, consultation and billing records.
- Actively participate in JFCS and departmental meetings and trainings and represent the Children’s Clinical Program in a professional demeanor.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among JFCS staff that allows for cultivating ideas, expeditious resolution of conflict, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Deliver timely and accurate results. Value the importance of delivering high quality, innovative services to JFCS employees and clients, respond promptly to inquiries and is accessible to JFCS employees and clients.
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
- Complies with the Jewish Family and Children’s Services Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as agency health and safety standards for clients, employees, and JFCS facilities.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Director of Occupational Therapy, and or the executive leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, and Sensory Integration, and Learning Disabilities, with emphasis on early intervention, utilizing evidence based treatment.
- Excellent knowledge of child development
- Expertise in Parent Education and Pre/school Consultation.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy required
- At least five (5) years experience providing occupational therapy services to children and youth in a variety of settings.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
Compensation and Benefits
This is an hourly, non-exempt, part-time position without benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please apply here:
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please be aware that JFCS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. JFCS is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.