Recruiter and Staffing Specialist
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Home Care, the Recruiter and Staffing Specialist is responsible for recruiting an adequate pool of qualified homecare attendants throughout the San Francisco and Peninsula Homecare branches and assisting with employment functions such as the interviewing and orientation of attendants. The Recruiter and Staffing Specialist understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements an attendant recruitment plan to ensure an adequate pool of qualified homecare attendants throughout San Francisco and the Peninsula.
- Works with Staffing Coordinators and Homecare Supervisors to identify recruitment needs, including geographic targets and caregiver skill levels.
- Identifies and fosters partnerships with outside organizations that provide job training and job placement programs and maintains an on-site presence, as allowed.
- Ensures representation of Seniors At Home at applicable job fairs and homecare aide/CNA/CHHA graduations in all regions.
- Coordinates and interviews prospective attendants, including preliminary screening of prospective attendants, checking references, and coordinating with the Employment and Administrative Coordinator to process new employee paperwork, including the Livescan process and the completion of health physical and TB clearance.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficacy of recruitment ads and the referral incentive program.
- Enters and maintains attendant information and referral source information in the appropriate databases.
- Evaluates weekly recruitment efforts, compiles data in reports, analyzes data to direct recruitment strategy, and communicates findings to Seniors At Home management team.
- Communicates with prospective employees and referral sources the mission of Seniors At Home and the benefits of employment with the Agency.
- Coordinates, organizes and directs efforts to represent Seniors At Home favorably in the private and public sector employment community.
- Understands and works to achieve budget and SAH service goals and meets Agency standards for performance.
- Conducts individual and group orientation for new attendant employees.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of Seniors At Home marketing strategy and participates in Seniors At Home management meetings as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base applications.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people in a supportive and cooperative manner.
- Ability to work accurately and in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with all files and records.
- Desire to work in a social service setting.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience in human resources field.
- Experience in home health industry preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
Please apply here:
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.