Senior Care Manager, Conservatorship Program
Under the supervision of the Director of Seniors At Home, the Senior Care Manager, Conservatorship Program provides casework services to the conserved and older adult population served by JFCS and represents JFCS and its clients to the court in the Sacramento area. The Senior Care Manager understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures that conservatees’ needs are met in a timely way through provision of direct services and in coordination with other providers including internal Fiduciary staff.
- Sets priorities based on client need; provides crisis care management when required.
- Provides ongoing care management to clients conserved by JFCS in accordance with the guidelines outlined by the California Probate Code and Agency standards of performance.
- In consultation with the supervisor, makes medical decisions on behalf of the client and works closely with medical providers to identify appropriate treatment.
- Escorts prospective and permanent conservatees to court hearings as necessary; attends court hearings as JFCS representative as requested.
- Completes court reports and documentation on time and accurately.
- Provides notes and client related data is sent to the Director in a timely manner
- Maintains positive relationships with outside care providers/contractors to ensure coordinated effort in meeting clients’ needs.
- Participates in Agency trainings, consultation and staff meetings, as requested.
- Complies with the Jewish Family and Children’s Services Policy and Procedures Manual and other standards of performance. Ensures that all documentation is entered on a timely by department staff and contractor and meets all agency standards.
- Undertakes other duties and special projects as may be assigned by the SAH Director, and JFCS Leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to be timely, thorough and reliable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in working in a social services setting.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation to accomplish the essential functions of the job. If driving own vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of Automobile liability insurance is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Gerontology preferred.
- Two years’ experience providing case management to seniors or adults.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, non-benefited position. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please apply here:
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.