Working under the supervision of the Director of Occupational Therapy, the Occupational Therapist participates in the design and implementation of Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment services, as part of a mufti-disciplinary team providing services to children with developmental, behavioral, and learning needs. The Occupational Therapist provides assessment and intervention as well as consultation services for children and adolescents primarily in San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. The Therapist understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts initial sensory assessments, formulates intervention plans, and implements them in a variety of settings, including, home, school, and other community settings.
- Collaborates with mental health, speech and language and developmental specialists, as needed and appropriate, to formulate and implement effective treatment plans.
- Carries an ongoing occupational therapy intervention caseload that includes an average of at least 50% billable time.
- Consults with pre/schools and elementary schools, as assigned.
- Maintains timely and accurate assessment, intervention, consultation and billing records.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, and Sensory Integration, and Learning Disabilities, with emphasis on early intervention, utilizing evidence based treatment.
- Excellent knowledge of child development
- Expertise in Parent Education and Pre/school Consultation.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy required.
- At least five (5) years experience providing occupational therapy services to children and youth in a variety of settings.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
Please apply here:
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.