Home Care After Hours Staffing Coordinator—Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the Seniors at Home program, the Home Care After Hours Staffing Coordinator is responsible for providing after hours night and weekend telephone support for the homecare and conservatorship programs. The Staffing Coordinator understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and responds to calls forwarded to the on-call line after standard work hours from 5:00 pm to 8:30 am three weekday nights per week provides back-up coverage other nights, weekend days and holidays as requested. Handles inbound/outbound client and caregiver phone calls in a friendly, professional manner. Responds to missed calls, voicemails, or text messages within 15 minutes or less.
- Ensures that requests for re-staffing homecare cases are promptly filled and scheduled when there is a caregiver cancellation during on-call hours. Communicates and confirms all after-hours schedule changes to homecare clients and caregivers, including caregiver substitutions to care recipient or individual who ordered and is responsible for services.
- Works with the scheduling team to ensure the clients’ care schedules are current. Stays familiar with client profiles and care needs, ensuring that skill and care level matches are successful and meets the needs of the clients and attendants.
- Reviews each client’s assessment and care plan with assigned attendants to ensure that they understand the scope of services to be provided. Provides direction to attendants on how to relate to clients, including cuing those regarding appropriate behaviors and provides training in client specific skills to the attendant as needed. Ensures satisfaction with services and identify and resolve potential issues of concern.
- Documents all communication and assignments within notes in the program scheduling system or activity logs, including staffing changes and client issues and in compliance with agency standards. Maintains specific documentation regarding shift changes and caregiver refusal of assignment. Informs staff of incidents and other concerns.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with managers, co-workers, clients and family members and caregivers. Must be able to convey a helpful, supportive and knowledgeable attitude even when dealing with complaints from caregivers, employees and clients or when involved in complex situations with a high degree of uncertainty.
- Provides support to caregivers and ensures that their problems and concerns are resolved during after-business hours.
- Receives calls regarding conserved clients and relays the information to the conservatorship care manager who is on-call for that shift.
- Notifies the RN Home Care Supervisor regarding changes in client status and/or caregiver services, recommending field supervision when appropriate.
- Documents all time spent responding to calls and related work.
- Works cooperatively as a member of the Seniors At Home team, in order to serve all JFCS clients.
- Meets Agency standards for performance by delivering all work to a high quality standard.
- Complies with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual, Workforce Computer Use and Security Policy and IT Professional Policy Manual, as well as agency policy and procedures for health and safety standards of all JFCS facilities.
- Maintains good working relationships with all staff to help the whole JFCS Agency operate as a positive, coordinated unit.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the SAH Director, SAH Associate Director and executive leadership.
Weeknights 5:00pm to 8:30am and provide coverage on weekends.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work the set schedule described below and is able to promptly respond to calls that occur during the after-hours schedule.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work independently
- The person in this position requires excellent written and verbal communication with agency employees, caregivers, clients and family members and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in varying situations.
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate detailed information required.
Required Education and Experience
- Three years minimum experience working in home care or a social service setting is preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Proven computer expertise.
- Experienced in handling confidential health information, and is able to uphold any HIPAA information with utmost confidentiality.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to: [email protected]. Please use “Home Care Staffing Coordinator” as your email subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.