Director of Clinical Services
JFCS is devoted to improving the lives of everyone in our community—for 170 years, we have provided a lifeline for children, families, and older adults facing personal crises or challenges. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Clinical Services to join our team and oversee JFCS’ wide-reaching behavioral health and interdisciplinary clinical services.
The Director provides leadership and initiative in developing and delivering all behavioral health services for children, youth and families, as well as for adults and seniors. As part of the leadership team for JFCS’ Center for Children and Youth, the Director ensures the delivery of best practice services to children and teens with a wide variety of challenges, including those diagnosed with mental health disorders, developmental delays, sensory processing disorders, ADHD, and learning differences. The Director also oversees the delivery of clinically proven service models that are effective in treating adults, including best practice models for problem-focused treatment for anxiety, depression, and other common diagnoses.
The ideal candidate is a licensed behavioral health provider who brings a clinical background as well as experience managing a behavioral health program and supervising other licensed clinical staff.
Key Job Responsibilities include
- Develops and implements quality assurance review process for clinical services, ensuring that risk management practices are followed and quality indicators are regularly monitored and addressed to ensure program improvement.
- Makes recommendations on hiring, recognition, disciplinary action, and termination of clinical staff. Provides regular supervision of designated staff as assigned, including ongoing written and verbal performance evaluation of all staff in compliance with JFCS standards.
- Creates and implements long-term and annual work plans for program objectives and budgets to best serve clients in assigned areas.
- Provides leadership in assessing community needs and in program planning by maintaining working relationships with key constituents and with other Jewish and non-Jewish agencies in areas assigned. Provides consultation as needed in cooperation with rabbis and other professional staff of Jewish communal organizations.
- Develops and implements braided funding model for clinical services including fee for service, contracts and contributed income.
- In collaboration with Development and Marketing teams, creates and maintains support for development activities including fundraising and public relations in assigned area in order to increase voluntary and monetary support for JFCS’ services.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS include
- Graduate degree and licensed Ph.D., PsyD, or LCSW, and at least 5 years post license experience with a focus on providing clinical treatment to children, youth and adults is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a clinical program, including clinical and administrative supervision of staff. Demonstrated leadership skills to supervise staff, promote training and development, manage performance, and coordinate administrative needs. Skills in planning, organizing, conflict resolution, delegating, and decision making.
- In-depth knowledge of both typical child development and psychopathology. Demonstrated skill in evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults using a range of modalities, including psycho-education, individual therapy and family therapy.
- Knowledge of the Jewish and general communities and their resources.
- Proven experience in successful program management, including excellent organizational and analytic skills. Experience developing program budgets and monitoring performance in relation to service provision and fee generation.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave; 403bplan; life and disability insurance.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to [email protected] with Director of Clinical Services as your subject line.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.