Donor Development Administrator
JFCS is seeking a dynamic Donor Development Administrator to be responsible for the duties associated with our Planned Giving and Endowment portfolio. The right candidate will work well with lay community leaders, board members, and donors; excellent writing skills; great attention to detail; ability to work with database CRM systems; organize; energetic; professional; and interested in social services and improving the lives of those in the Bay Area and beyond. This is a Development and Finance position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS: Works closely with assigned Finance Staff, providing ongoing administrative and compliance support for JFCS Supporting Organizations (SO).
- Communicate with donors, key staff, and board members as needed; managing the grant process for each SO.
- Prepare annual meeting documentation, including the annual schedule of grant activity and payments.
- Cross-trained in QuickBooks to prepare checks when staff accountant is on vacation.
- Manage Foundation deposits, reporting in timely fashion, and providing thank you letters.
- Perform other tasks as needed to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain adequate documentation of the activity and smooth operation of each SO.
- PLANNED GIVING/ENDOWMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance communication and maintains positive relationships with current Endowment donors, including fund holders, annuitants, donor advised fund holders, and trust donors.
- Work with annual donors and current endowment donors to encourage them to consider making a Named Fund, bequests, and other endowment vehicles.
- Work with estate planning attorneys and trustees to monitor the timely receipt of bequest expectancies.
- Participate in assessing involvement appropriate for particular donors, and help assure that information relative to individual donors is recorded in the database.
- Draft appropriate donor correspondence, including cover and thank-you letters, payment notification letters, personalized agreements, and annual narrative and financial reports to legacy donors and occasional annual giving donors, with attention to accuracy, personalization and donor stewardship.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual endowment report.
- Administer JFCS’ Donor Advised Fund program.
- Prepare quarterly spreadsheets of all fund addition, infusions and distributions for Finance, and the cover letters for the quarterly reports to donors.
- Assist with the development of appropriate written documents, administrative procedures and correspondence for the gift annuity, CRTs, and PIF programs.
- Assist in managing the bequest program from bequest notification through receipt of the contribution.
- Create and maintain files for all endowment-related documents.
- Review the endowment activity report prepared for Board meetings and suggests accomplishments to be highlighted in the endowment report.
- Assist with the bi-annual planning and execution of the Heritage Circle event.
- Coordinate to reconcile differences between the Donor Advised Fund and Named Funds records of the Development and Finance department.
- Support the Endowment Committee.
- Work closely with our Writer and Editor to contact Named Fund Donors to encourage more people to post their stories online.
- Write Generations copy and other stories and profiles as needed for e-news and other publications as needed.
- ASSISTS WITH ANNUAL CAMPAIGN AS ASSIGNED
- Undertake other Development duties, as assigned, including but not limited to working on the Galas and Annual Campaigns.
- Work within the Development Department to help raise the funds needed for the Annual Campaign.
- Manage recurring gifts.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Giving as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing are critical on order to be able to exchange accurate information in varying situations.
- Able to demonstrate open communication and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to work as part of a team and be self-directed. Ability to work cooperatively on a multi-disciplinary team and , board members, community partners and collaborators.
- Ability to develop and monitor work plans and budgets.
- Ability to assess and measure outcomes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and experience using related software applications including Crescendo, Raiser’s Edge; MS Word and Excel expertise.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, multiple project management capability and ability to perform well, given workload fluctuations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of Development experience is preferred.
- Proven experience in possessing the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to perform the core functions of the job duties.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave; 403b plan; life and disability insurance.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to [email protected] with Donor Development Administrator in your subject line.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.