Home Care Specialist
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Home Care, the Home Care Specialist is responsible for the initial assessment of Private Duty home care clients; coordinating the initiation of client services with the branch Home Care Supervisor and the Staffing Coordinators; and participating in the orientation, supervision, training and continuing education of home care aides.
The Home Care Specialist understands the mission and goals of the Agency and the Seniors-At-Home Division, and works within the limitations of Agency resources to meet Agency standards for performance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Private Duty Services
- Performs the initial home care assessment in the client’s home. When requested, arranges for a pre-discharge facility assessment.
- Explains all home care service policies to the client, including rates of service, billing options, HIPAA Privacy; and obtains signature of acknowledgement.
- Based on the needs assessment and in conjunction with the client/family, completes an individualized Care Plan.
- Completes all initial client paperwork and initiates the Client Registration process.
- Participates in annual renewal of required client paperwork.
- Works cooperatively and flexibly with other staff to insure that clients’ needs are met.
- Oversees the implementation of the private duty caregiver supervision program. Maintains the Supervisions Due report.
- Conducts in-home supervisions per established protocol and assists in the evaluation and supervision of caregivers.
- Assists in the resolution of caregiver and client matters.
- Assists with caregiver orientation, training, and continuing education.
- Provides new client follow-up per department policy, including addressing clients’ questions/concerns, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complies with data entry requirements for home care assessments, supervisions and paperwork renewal.
- Provides back-up coverage for the Home Care Supervisor and Staffing Coordinators as requested.
- Accepts on call and weekend assignments as requested.
Customer Satisfaction, Community Outreach
- Arranges daily schedule based on the needs of the clients and is flexible in meeting their needs.
- Provides post-placement follow-up per department policy, including addressing clients’ questions/concerns, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promotes private duty home care through regular community contacts and follow-up with referral sources.
- Participates in marketing and community outreach activities as requested.
- Assists in Total Quality Management activities as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Meets Agency standards for performance and complies with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Good body mechanics in the area of lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, pushing or pulling.
- Walking, standing, twisting and bending for brief periods of time.
- Required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- May be required to come in contact with clients with infectious diseases or receiving radiation therapy.
- Regular driving of an automobile.
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator.
- Visual ability to read documents and computer monitor.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment or community home environment.
- This position requires effective communication with clients, JFCS staff, and outside vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in varying situations.
- Professional experience in Home Care or Social Services setting required.
- Strong commitment to providing responsive services to the community and to establishing excellent rapport with clients, staff and community workers.
- Strong service orientation and ability to work well with people.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to be organized and thorough.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently, and as part of a working group.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Home Care Specialist-SF in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.