KMOW Food Program Driver—Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Programs Manager, the Kosher Meals on Wheels (KMOW) Driver is responsible for ensuring that meals are delivered to clients in a timely, safe and efficient manner. The JFCS meal program serves adults and seniors throughout the city of San Francisco, bringing them meals and groceries on a weekly basis. The Driver understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with Agency standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers hot meals to clients Monday through Friday.
- Brings program supplies to kitchen as needed.
- Implements delivery routes that maximize the driver’s time.
- Ensures timely delivery of meals to individuals.
- Collaborates with other JFCS staff to ensure that client needs are met.
- Accurately represents the program and the Agency to clients.
- Provides daily feedback to the Nutrition Programs Manager regarding client status and satisfaction.
- Provides assistance and support for JFCS programs as needed (food drives and food bank).
- Participates in the preventative maintenance schedule for JFCS vehicles.
- Practices safety measures and standard driving procedures.
- Complies with all JFCS standards for performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Good body mechanics in the area of lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, pushing or pulling.
- Required to ascend and descend stairs.
- May be required to come in contact with clients w/infectious diseases or receiving radiation.
- Regular driving of a vehicle.
- Visual ability to read documents.
- Strong interest or background in working with seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Current California driver’s license.
- Clean DMV record.
- Strong ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to communicate well with seniors and establish rapport with clients.
- Cooperative, efficient and friendly.
- Interest in working in a social services setting.
This is a part time, non-exempt position without benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with KMOW Program Driver in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.