Client Account Manager – Fiduciary Services, San Francisco
Under the supervision of the Director of Fiduciary Services, the Client Account Manager provides fiduciary services to clients for whom the agency has become Representative Payee or holds Durable Power of Attorney, Conservatorship and other authorities. The Account Manager understands and works to fulfill the mission, goals and objectives of JFCS and the Seniors At Home Division, and complies with Agency standards for performance, policies and procedures.
Primary Job Responsibilities for All Clients
Under the direction of the Fiduciary Director and in cooperation with care managers, the Account Manager will:
- Provide money management services including the preparation of individual budgets, payments on clients’ bills and payment vouchers, and maintaining appropriate documentation in client files and program records.
- Record and prepare client receivables and make bank deposits.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and service providers on behalf of clients in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Record itemized billing for Fiduciary services in Access database.
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions on behalf of clients in order to ensure appropriate cash flow, consolidation of accounts, processing of automatic deposits and withdrawals, and facilitation of other banking activities.
- Change client’s address online or through local post office and sort and process mail daily.
- Prepare correspondence and other written materials on behalf of clients or for the Fiduciary program.
- On a monthly basis, and in cooperation with the Finance department, reconcile client financial statements.
- Collect year-end tax information from computerized records and send to clients’ certified public accountants for tax preparation and respond to inquiries by IRS.
- Prepare annual reports to the Social Security Administration for Representative Payee accounts.
- Assist in preparation for program audits.
- Organize, maintain and update client files on a weekly basis.
- Meet service, fee and other revenue generation goals with a productivity rate of 80%.
Additional duties for Conserved Clients:
- Marshall assets and change titles to reflect Conservatorship.
- Assist in inventorying client’s home, safety deposit boxes or any storage facilities and secure appraisals of personal property as needed.
- File Letter of Conservatorship with all appropriate public and private institutions with whom the client holds any property, assets or debt.
- Make necessary arrangements for maintenance of client homes or facilitate client moves to other locations. Includes obtaining estimates and overseeing maintenance, repairs, cleaning, storage, etc.
- Purchase items for clients as needed.
- Apply for reverse mortgage, home equity loan or arrange for sale of property if needed.
- Confirm medical and other insurance coverage or apply for appropriate coverage.
- Assist in the preparation of court accountings and reports.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Good body mechanics in the area of lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, pushing or pulling.
- Required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator.
- Visual ability to read documents and computer monitor.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Business Administration or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong computer skills (Quicken, Excel and Word) and organizational abilities required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Flexibility, ability to work with minimal supervision, handle pressure and deadlines and to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to work tactfully and cooperatively with a diverse group of staff and clients.
- Interest in working in a non-profit social services environment.
This is a fulltime, salaried, exempt contract position with benefits.
Please submit a comprehensive resume and cover letter to: RebeccaP@jfcs.org, and use “Client Account Manager” as your Subject Line.